Friday, January 21, 2011

Calvin and the potty

I waited a long time for Calvin to be ready for the potty. We even bought him a CARS potty seat to encourage it, but he just didn't care. I finally got tired of waiting and once we moved into our new apartment in November I told him that we were going to use the potty. He did pretty good and we made a potty chart with stickers to reward him. But, when Thanksgiving came around and we were in NC for a couple of weeks it was no longer his priority to earn stickers. I decided that it was just easier to wait until the holidays were over, because it was just going to be too hectic.
So, as soon as we were home for good I cracked down and during this month, he filled his potty chart! Look how proud he is!
We rewarded every ten stickers with a prize. He would get about 2-3 on a good day.

On Monday I made him a new potty chart. He wouldn't let me take down the old one to make it on the other side... he was so proud of it!

On Monday we started the new potty chart and I decided that he was getting 10 stickers too fast, so I made it 20. Well... it took Calvin 4 days, 4 DAYS to earn 20 stickers!!!

We have been accident free all week long! And by accident free I mean no puddles to clean up and no underwear to scrub or throw away!


He wears underwear during the day and when I remember during his nap. but 3 times now I have forgotten to change him and he is still dry after his nap!

He wears pull-ups, or as we call them "special underwear," to bed every night and if we get him on the potty before he gets in bed and after he wakes up those are dry too!

I might be jinxing this good streak, but I am just SO proud of Calvin and I hope that he can keep it up!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! sounds like he's doing so good! What a big boy!! Congratulations Calvin! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for Calvin! What a wonderful lesson that charts are. I need to make one for ironing. I have lost the desire. I need to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay calvin!!! Isn't it so great to not have to deal with poopy diapers?! I mean, I still I have Lj in diapers, but hey at least its only one now! :)

    ReplyDelete