Saturday, May 4, 2013

Simplicity 1650 "the peplum"

My house has been neglected for the past two weeks, it's a mess. I'm so behind on laundry and ironing, the boys room is very disorganized, and the kitchen really needs to be mopped. I've been doing something much more fun than housework, I've been sewing! I love to sew. I don't do it as often as I'd like, but when I do, it occupies all my time!

I wanted a new dress for Emily's wedding this June and I immediately knew that I wanted one with a peplum skirt. How trendy of me! I know, but I love it! It reminds me of the cute shirts I had when I was younger. Unfortunately the trend now is also short and skimpy AND expensive. So, I found this pattern.

I got the pattern on sale for $1 and my Mom Albright took me to Joanns and bought me the fabric for my birthday!

It took me 2 weeks, it was hard and it's far from perfect, but it's done and I love it!



 

2 comments: