Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just like Dad

My favorite thing about owning our house is that we can paint! Calvin wanted to help Nick paint SOO bad, but Nick is such a perfectionist that he didn't even want me to help! So, I found these cheap letters at Michael's and thought it would be a fun project for Calvin. He was so happy finally get the chance to paint with his Dad!


They have little hook on the bottom, we stuck them down low so that Calvin can hang his jacket on the wall. He loves it!

The other night Calvin came out of his room and told me that he saw an ambulance. I looked out of his window and didn't see one. Then he told me that he heard one, but I said that I didn't hear one. THEN he said "I think I heard someone get dead." Oh dear. So, I laid him back in bed and explained to him that ambulances help people who cannot get to the hospital fast enough, or by themselves. I told him that if he needed to go to the hospital that I would drive him there. Then he started talking about driving an ambulance. I told him that when he grows up he can help people and drive an ambulance. He yelled at me, "No, I don't want to drive and ambulance!" So, I told him that he can be anything he wants to be, then he says, "I want to be like my Daddy." It was so sweet I cried. I love that boy.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. His daddy thought he wanted to be a mailman. When I asked him why, he told me that the mailman had ALL the KEYS!!!

    We will have to get Mr Jones to take us to the firehouse and see the engines!

    ReplyDelete