Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Calvin's quilt



My mom finished the quilt and sent me pictures. I was very picky about the colors that I wanted for Clavin's room. Everything in the stores are pink and blue and pastel and I didn't like any of them.




I decided that I wanted to use the colors that are the quilt that my mom made me for graduation. The quilt has bright colors of red, yellow, and orange which are my favorite colors and some studies says that a brightly colored baby room might actually help with development, so that is a plus! My mom is also making the bumper and the sheets! I am so excited to get his room set up with everything! Nick likes it too, because my mom used a darker red in the quilt to go along with all of the new Redskins things!

3 comments:

  1. That is great! Those are also my favorite colors! It's refreshing to someone else share the love of color...especially for a baby's room. I love your quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the quilt. Your mom is so talented. What a lucky boy Calving will be to have such a Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - your mom is sooooo talented!

    ReplyDelete