Monday, September 28, 2009

Gratitude

You might think I am crazy after you read this, but it's okay because I am crazy.

I'm sure you've heard me say that I love The Killers, but you just don't understand. You know that feeling you get when you get goosebumps and your body just can't contain itself... that's what I feel like when I hear really great music, but when I listen to The Killers it's so much more than that. I just feel the music and I don't just enjoy it like I enjoy Taylor Swift or AAR. I LOVE THE MUSIC. It just consumes me and I don't want to do anything else but listen forever.
Seriously, Brandon Flowers is so talented. Go listen to one of their songs and tell me if you are creative enough to even write one line. You might not understand the lyrics, but I do. They may just look like crazy random words, but they are just so complex that you really have to feel them to understand them. Brandon Flowers said in an interview that people look to the chorus for meaning, and sure some of it is there, but the real meaning is in the verses. At the concert he even added different lines to a song, the songs mean something to him and he has the creativity to do that. He has also said that he doesn't just write music to please the fans, sure he performs and records albums for fans, but the music he writes is to express himself, the songs are his. Brandon Flowers does not have the most trained singing voice, but that is what I love about him. He is original in all sense of the word. When he sings live, it sounds just the same as the recordings, because he is not fake on the recordings. He doesn't sing a line over and over until it is perfect; it was perfect the second it left this lips. I love that. I am so grateful that I was able to see him live and to hear the music so loud that my whole body was shaking. It was amazing.


You don't have to love it, but I can't possibly imagine that ANYONE could hate it.

I don't think that my life would be the same without great music like this. I am so glad that I love music and I am so grateful that it can bring up whatever emotion that the song is conveying. And I LOVE The Killers. I'm sure that his craze will be subdued in time, but i will still LOVE the music just the same. And I really do want that jacket, and I will have one even if I have to make it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my love! You know I know what you mean! I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I know you do! And I know you want that jacket too!!!! Lets make them! I love yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete