Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Killers

It was A-MAZ-ING! We had SO much fun! All day I was preparing to sing and scream, so I drank gallons of water and I was in the bathroom like 5 times by the end of the night, but I was able to sing and scream the whole time!

They had some pretty lame opening bands and we were just so ready for The Killers to come on stage. When they finally came out they sang one song and after a second of the next one Brandon Flowers was like, sorry we have to get off for a second! OH MAN! We were all so sad! But after 20 minutes they fixed whatever was wrong and they were back!

I wish we could have gotten closer pictures, because Brandon Flowers was wearing this awesome jacket with feathers on the shoulder. P.S. I would love this for Christmas... seriously.

He wears it in the New Day and Age music videos and all of his recent interviews. I was so excited to see it in person, but he only wore it for like one song.

Brandon was SO cool running and jumping. I just LOVE it when musicians get into their music like that!

They sang a lot of songs from their newsest cd and a lot from Hot Fuss, their first album. Our favorite album is Sam's Town and I kept yelling between songs for him to sing my favorite. When I heard the song starting, I got REALLY excited and almost cried.... yes, it's true. I love them.

Basically the most awesome thing in the world to hear him sing live. It was so loud that I couldn't even hear myself sing, so sometimes I screamed the lyrics! It was so sad to see them walk off the stage, I really wanted to cry again! Nick says that we will go another time and get general audience tickets so that we can stand in front of the stage... can't wait!
A special THANKS to Ryan and Ashley for watching Calvin! Thank you SOOOO much! Without you this experience would have been impossible!!!!!!!!! We owe you big time!

3 comments:

  1. yay! glad you guys had a great time! you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You owe us NOTHING. We were glad to do it! He was such a good boy, seriously, not a problem at all. I'm so glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun. I am not buying that jacket for Christmas...just getting that out there. LOL

    ReplyDelete