Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crib Bedding

Pictures as promised!!
This is the boys room! I'm so excited to have two boys! Calvin is going to be the BEST big brother!
If you look close you can see Calvin's big boy bed and new bedding! My Mom knows how crazy I am about matching, so the comforter has the same orange as the quilt she made!
And since the boy's will be sharing a room for a while... I used the same olivey green as my inspiration...
And here is the crib! I know it's a little early to have this out, but I put it up for Gabe and we just left it up.
Rachel brought a pattern with her when she came and I used it for the fitted sheet and parts of the bumpers, but really you don't need a pattern. It was SO easy and a lot of fun!

A close up of the fabric colors. I was thinking of just doing solids, but Rachel helped me find these beautiful prints!
I LOVE the crib sheet! The sheets can and WILL be changed with a baby sleeping on it, but I am just going to buy some green and cream sheets at the store... anyone know where I can find nice jersey ones?

And here is the blanket that I crocheted... yes, Rachel did the impossible! She tried to teach me freshman year and I got so frusterated that I hadn't tried it since! But this time I stuck with it and I really like it! I can't wait to try more crochet projects!
And the pillow in the corner was mine as a baby! My Mom saved it for me!

There it is! Can't wait to wrap "Baby Brother" in his new blanket and lay him in his crib!

3 comments:

  1. Oh everything looks amazing! That blanket is so great! I KNEW you would love crocheting once you got into it! What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love crocheting, but i've only done a hat! haha. a whole blanket must have taken forever!! Go you!

    I love that the crib is up already and that the boys beds coordinate!! sounds like you're almost ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWW!! Their room looks amazing! you guys did a great job!! I didn't know you were having another boy- i knew you were pregnant, but i didn't know you found out yet! Very fun!!

    ReplyDelete